BATTLE OF THE BOOKS! 📚 📖
This year for Reading Week we are launching a STAFF READING CHALLENGE. Sixteen young adult books have been chosen and they will be read by staff in four different rounds until one winner is chosen! The table and rules are attached below which will hep to explain it. Information will be posted in the library to keep everyone up to date until the winning book is announced on WORLD BOOK DAY which is on March 3rd 2016. All of the books chosen are available in the library if you would like to read any of them and give your own opinions! If you have read any of the chosen books let us know here in the comments.
Battle of the Books book list
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
- The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson
- Teacher’s Dead by Benjamin Zephaniah
- One by Sarah Crossan
- The Year of the Rat by Claire Furniss
- The Rest of us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- Am I normal Yet? By Holly Bourne
- Solitaire by Alice Oseman
- Only ever Yours by Louise O’Neill
- Infinite Sky by C.J Flood
- Seven days by Eve Ainsworth
- I’ll Give you the Sun by Jandy Nelson
- The Jewel by Amy Ewing
- My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece by Annabel Pitcher
Battle of the Books Rules
- Sixteen YA (Young Adult) books have been chosen.
- There are four rounds.
- 30 readers are required.
- Readers will be paired up and given two books to read.
- Each pair of readers will read the two designated books and must decide which one will go on to the next round.
- There will be 30 days between each round for the readers to read both books and decide.
- The final winner will be announced on World Book Day which is the 3rd March 2016.
- There will be a display in reception and announcements so that the students know what is happening and can get involved by reading some of the books as well.
- If a pair of readers really can’t agree we can do a student poll to decide!
- After reading the books, readers could do a short review that Ms. Lundon will post here and on Google Classroom.