Christmas has arrived at OLS library. Students created a Christmas tree made entirely out of books! Well done to everyone who helped. #bookmastree
To celebrate Christmas the library is running a Christmas short story writing competition. Submit a Christmas related short story for a chance to win a prize.
Maximum length of 5 pages and only one submission per person. Due by Thursday 15th December. Email your story to email@example.com Any questions please see Miss O Neill in the library.
More new books kindly donated to our school library by students, parents and staff. All ready to be checked out today!
It’s Stand Up Awareness Week here in OLS. To celebrate our student librarians created a display filled with LGBTQ+ books surrounding young people. All available in the library!
The Great Reads Award shortlist books have arrived in the library. There are five senior and five junior books to choose from.
Voting is now at the following link: https://greatreadsaward.com/rate-your-book/
You can vote on as many titles as you’ve read and voting closes on 31st January 2023.
Read as many as you can from the shortlists. Student votes choose the winning title/author.
Winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony in March 2023.
Our fantastic display of spooky and horror books. The display was put together by our student librarians for Halloween.
A lovely display of some of the new books generously donated by the school community to the library.
Book Bingo is a reading challenge that is suitable for everyone! The rules are below. Everything will be available in the library so drop in if you want to pick up the sheet and get going!
How it works
- There are sixteen boxes in the grid
- Each one describes a different type of book
- The aim is to read as many of the different types of books that you can, write the title in/under the relevant box, and have it signed by the Librarian
- Aim to complete the boxes in lines (vertically, diagonally, or horizontally)
- If you complete at least one line or more you will receive a certificate and prize at the end of the year
- The more you complete the better the certificate and prize!
- Only one box may be filled per book read
- For example, Twilight may fall under the “Best Seller” box and the book with a non-human character, but only one of those boxes can be filled with Twilight.
- You have until the end of the school year to complete as many boxes as you can (May 2023)
Good Luck and Happy Reading!!
Today marks the beginning of Banned Books Week. It is a time to remember the importance of having the freedom to read and expand our knowledge. The library has created a book display of numerous books that have been banned over the years and why.
Happy Roald Dahl Day! To celebrate we have a magical display of Dahl books in English, French and German.
“If you are going to get anywhere in life you have to read a lot of books.”