This year we took a different approach to the Christmas tree of knowledge, but we think it turned out great. Thank you to the wonderful team of student librarians for decorating the library.
How it works:
- Pick up a Book Bingo sheet from the library
- There are sixteen boxes in the grid — each one describes a different type of book
- The aim is to read as many of the different types of books that you can, but also to complete them in lines (vertically, diagonally, or horizontally). Click here for book suggestions.
- If you complete at least one line or more you will receive a certificate at the end of the year (1 line = Bronze certificate, 2 lines = Silver certificate, full house = Gold certificate)
- After each book you have read, fill the title in the relevant box and bring it to the librarian to be stamped
- Only one box may be filled per book read
- You have until the end of the school year to complete as many boxes as you can (May 2020)
- GOOD LUCK!
The library is back up and running this year However due to Covid-19, things are slightly different this year like most parts of school life. The library has been halved in order to make space for an additional classroom. This means the number of students in the library must be limited, but this won’t stop us! The book clubs are back up and running, book bingo is back, student librarians for this year have been chosen and mindfulness colouring on Mondays is in full swing. Looking forward to see what’s to come for the library.
Past and present Student Librarians and helpful students put together the annual OLS book Christmas tree in the library. We hope everyone has a very happy and peaceful Christmas reading lots of books!
Some nice Christmas books for December, available to borrow in the library #RobinStevens #MaryPoppins #Bednobsandbroomsticks #MaryNorton #HisDarkMaterials #PhilpPullman #thegivingtree #gingerbreadman #nutcracker #readjoice
Caution – readers of crime, thrillers and mystery wanted for some spectacular reads in our library! Plenty of good books available to while away a rainy evening or two. Lots of Sophie McKenzie and Lauren Child mystery thrillers to lead the reader on an adventure, all from the safety of your seat!
Some of our Junior Science books on display for Science Week and our lovely STEM/STEAM posters which reside in the library!
As part of Reading Week, we had a Scavenger Hunt in the library with the first team to complete it winning some treats. Lots of movement and fun in the library for 1st years today!
Students at Our Lady’s School enjoyed wonderful talks by author Celine Kiernan yesterday. Students and staff are all reading “Into the Grey” as ‘One Book, One School’. We look forward to reading more from this fabulous Irish author!
Dear Students and Parents,
Our new Scholastic Book Club is up and running!
Go to http://schools.scholastic.ie/our-ladys-5 to browse the latest books and order online.
For every €1 you spend on this month’s Book Club,
our school will earn 25¢ in Scholastic Rewards.
Please place your order online by October 31st, 2019.
We would love to make this online Scholastic/Setanta Book Club a success!